Code Also Help
A code also note instructs that 2 codes may be required to fully describe a condition but the sequencing of the two codes is discretionary, depending on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as S06. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- Brain injury resulting from an accident, surgery, or other trauma.
- Traumatic brain injury happens when a bump, blow, jolt, or other head injury causes damage to the brain. Every year, millions of people in the United States Suffer brain injuries. More than half are bad enough that people must go to the hospital. The worst injuries can lead to permanent brain damage or death.half of all traumatic brain injuries (tbis) are due to motor vehicle accidents. Military personnel are also at risk. Symptoms of a tbi may not appear until days or weeks following the injury. Serious traumatic brain injuries need emergency treatment.treatment and outcome depend on the injury. Tbi can cause a wide range of changes affecting thinking, sensation, language, or emotions. Tbi can be associated with post-traumatic stress disorder. People with severe injuries usually need rehabilitation.
- S06.0- Concussion
- S06.1- Traumatic cerebral edema
- S06.2- Diffuse traumatic brain injury
- S06.3- Focal traumatic brain injury
- S06.4- Epidural hemorrhage
- S06.5- Traumatic subdural hemorrhage
- S06.6- Traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage
- S06.8- Other specified intracranial injuries
- S06.9- Unspecified intracranial injury