- ICD-10-CM Codes ›
- Z00-Z99 Factors influencing health status and contact with health services ›
- Z30-Z3A Persons encountering health services in circumstances related to reproduction ›
- Z34- Encounter for supervision of normal pregnancy ›
- 2021 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z34.80
2021 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z34.80
Encounter for supervision of other normal pregnancy, unspecified trimester
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Z34.80 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Encounter for suprvsn of normal pregnancy, unsp trimester
- The 2021 edition of ICD-10-CM Z34.80 became effective on October 1, 2020.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z34.80 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z34.80 may differ.
- Z34.80 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Z34.80
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Z34.80
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM Z34.80 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v38.0):
- Z34.80 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 951 Other factors influencing health status
Convert Z34.80 to ICD-9-CM Code History
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Z34.80
Pregnant state, incidental
Encounter for elective termination of pregnancy
Pregnant state, gestational carrier
Encounter for supervision of normal pregnancy
Encounter for supervision of normal first pregnancy
…… unspecified trimester
Encounter for supervision of other normal pregnancy
Z34.80 …… unspecified trimester
Encounter for supervision of normal pregnancy, unspecified
…… unspecified trimester
Encounter for antenatal screening of mother
Encounter for antenatal screening for chromosomal anomalies
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.